Willis Fine Jewelry hosts the Pink Party with Rockwall County Helping Hands each year to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. The funds raised from this event benefit the Health Center of Helping Hands with a concentration on women’s health. Proceeds fund mammograms, well-women exams and allow for generalized medical care for women. Financial contributions help provide early detection and prevention of breast cancer in the underserved population in your community.
The Willis’ hope to engage our community to give back through the important missions of the agency by encouraging businesses in the community to also fundraise as a friendly competition. The business fundraising competition will start on Sunday, September 1st and will run thru Tuesday, October 1st at 5pm. The business that raises the most money from their competition category will recognized in Living Magazine. The Grand Prize winner who raises the most money overall out of all the businesses will be awarded a plaque and an ad in Living Magazine.
- Click “Start Fundraising”
- Fill in form to create Fundraising Page/Account
- You will have the option of signing up with Facebook or your Email
- Accept the Terms of Service and click “Create”
- Edit profile
- Site will take you through a series of editing steps (add picture, narrative, etc.). A pre-written narrative has already been created, you may edit/change as you see fit.
- Be the first to donate to your page!
- Once profile is created, a link will appear on your page. Share this link with family and friends to get donations!
- Email Chloe Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org with to confirm your registration and business category (listed below).
- Advertising, Marketing, Media & PR
- Animals (Pet Services)
- Automotive (Dealers, Maintenance & Repair)
- Financial Services
- Fitness & Personal Training
- Health Care
- Insurance Services
- Personal Services (Salons & Spas)
- Professional Services (Legal)
- Real Estate
- Restaurants & Catering
Breast Cancer Facts:
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, and estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.